Accession: Linking Canadian patients using web based technologies
Accession Patient provides patients direct and secure access to permitted elements of their medical record through an internet browser.
Accession encourages the participation of patients in managing their health.
Subject to the provider or administrator determining the degree of access patients can:
- Retrieve personal medical information
- Make appointments, change or cancel appointments or confirm pending appointments
- Review recalls, see upcoming recalls, read the reason for a recall, make an appointment for a recall
- Reorder standing medication orders and check the status of the order
- Undertake self assessments that are reviewed by a clinical rule and escalated if necessary
- Check laboratory results, graph them, seek an interpretation using a clinical rule agreed by health providers
- Send observations
- Review problem lists, read more information about their specific problems and be routed to health system approved web sites for additional details
- Update personal information
- Participate in the management of their health.
All functionality is highly configurable and controlled by the provider.
Accession Patient was recently reviewed by the Communities of Practice Program.
Their report, which details the clinical and administrative values of Accession Patient, estimates that Accession Patient being used for appointment booking alone would save a clinic, on average, $219 per week per physician.
To view the full report, please visit our Self Service Centre.
Request a Demo
- Saves valuable administrative time
- Increase Patient responsibility and interaction